Hi! A few days ago my wife had surgery because thoracic aortic aneurysm. It happened suddenly, and I am informed from hospital what is happened. Doctor told me that is major surgery, and that there are some risks after surgery. Please tell me if you know what risks are after surgery. I didn’t understand what doctor told me. What is prognosis?

Hi! You didn’t write what is cause of thoracic aortic aneurysm. Maybe your wife has diabetes, arthrosclerosis or some other disease which is contributed thoracic aortic aneurysm. The prognosis for patients with thoracic aortic aneurysm is determined by other medical problems such as heart disease and diabetes, which may have caused or contributed to the condition. Serious complications after aortic surgery can include heart attack, irregular heartbeats, bleeding, stroke, paralysis, graft infection, and kidney damage. You should ask her doctor about her condition. He will probably explain everything you should know.