Hello. I'm pretty scared right know and only some information could calm me. I'm very worried about my father’s health. He is 66 years old and since this occurred was pretty healthy man.
Yesterday he complained on acute abdominal pain and back pain while eating dinner. We didn’t pay to much attention on it because lately he also complained on this chest pain after long walks.
But, after an hour, it got serious and we take him immediately to ER.
After some angiography test and the doctor after it told us he has developed some condition called abdominal aortic aneurism and that they will keep him in hospital for further monitoring. How serious this condition is?

I know a bit about this condition and I will be honest with you but this could be very serious and life-threatening condition.
An abdominal aortic aneurysm is a abnormal localized sac or a irreversible dilation caused by weakness of aortic wall. The exact cause of abdominal aortic aneurysms is still unknown.
There are two threats of this condition- one, the sac could rupture and cause massive bleeding in abdomen cavity and death and second is the fact that stasis of blood can lead to thrombus formation along arterial wall.
I don’t know the right measurements of his aneurism but endovascular repair, such as stent-graft placement is recommended if patient’s aneurysm is greater than five cm.

my husband has sever chest/back pain trouble drinking and hot flases... what could this be?[/list]

My 87 year old father got diagnosed with an abdominal aortic aneurysm a few months ago. Like your father, he has always had great health with a few minor exceptions. He ended up coming to Vanderbilt Hospital and a stent procedure was done. It is a miracle they could fix this problem because the size of the aneursym was 7.6 cm. Please be encouraged to not give up hope. If you want more information please email me. I believe the surgeon we used has done many of these procedures with great success.