Hello, I am 35 years old female and I have a question. My brother has a problem with Aortic Aneurism. Can you tell me more about this? Any comment would be most welcome. I know that cases like his can be life threatening and I am very worried. Thank you all in advance for everything you write.

Hi there. My friend had a surgery because of that and now he is ok. The most important thing is that aneurysm is detected in time. I am not a doctor, so I don't know details about surgery itself but what I do know is that it is complex. The surgery should be done in the end but not before it is really necessary. The problem with any aneurism is that it may grow and burst afterwards. Diabetes, smoking and obesity can lead to forming of aneurysm. I can only wish best of luck to your brother.

hI EVERY ONE, hOW IS YOUR BROTHER CHERI, MY HUSBAND JUST DICOVERED THAT HE HAS ONE IN HIS ABDOMEN BY CHANCE AFTER GOING TO GET SOME ROUTINE BLOOD TEST WHICH CAM E OUT NORMAL, AND A URINE TEST THAT SHOWED ALBUMIN 618 WHICH IS QUITE HIGH NORMAL IS BETWEEN TO ZERO TO TWENTY FIVE, HE HAS HIGH BLOOD RESSURE, AND THE RESSURE WAS HIGH WHEN HE WENT TO GET THE FIRST RESULTS FROM HIS US RENAL THEY DETECTED IT, SO THEY SENT HIM FOR A CT ANGIOGRAHY THE CONCLUSION FROM THE US RENAL 1ST SCAN WAS nO EVIDENCE OF RENAL ARTERIAL STENOSIS ON DOER CRITERIA. AN INFRARENAL ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM IS NOTED AND TO GET A CT SCAN SO HE GOT THE CT WITH THE CONTRAST GIVEN FOR BETTER VIEW, CONCLUSION TO THAT WAS INFRARENAL ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM CONTAING EXTENSIVE MURAL THROMBUS MEASURING 44 MM IN MAXIMAL DIAMETER EXTENDING TO JUST ABOVE THE AORTIC BIFURCATION, ALL I KNOW WAS THAT THE DOCTOR SAID THAT IT SEEMS QUITE BIG, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR WHO TO TURN TO FOR ANSWERS SO I HAVE BBEN GOING THROUGH TRYING TO FIND SOME ANSWERS AND LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUE OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS. EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKED NORMAL LIKE KIDNEYS , RENAL AORTIC RATIOS AND RENAL ARTERIES BILATERALLY ARE NORMAL THANK GOD. , HIS MUM DIED LAST YEAR AS SHE WAITED FOR THE ANEURYSM TO REACH 5.5 IN ABDOMEN NOT EVEN A YEAR SINCE BEEN DIAGNOSED SHE HAD HIGH BLOOD RESSURE TOO, . tHE DOCTOR NOTED MY HUSBANDS BLOOD RESSURE WAS HIGH AFTER TOO AND TOGETHER WITH THE RESULT FROM THE 1ST ULTRASOUND CHANGED HIS MEDICATION FROM ATACAND 35MG TO COVERSYL 5 MG AND ASKED HIM TO STO THE ATACAND, I READ THAT COVERSY L COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO KIDNEY LIVER ETC, BUT THERE WAS NO HAMLESTS WHEN I GOT THE COVERSYL, JUST GOOGLING THAT I FOUND IT, SO I REALLY AM NOT AWARE ABOUT WHAT ISSUES T O LOOK FOR . hE WILL BE SEEING MR ADRIAN LING ON THE 29TH OF NOVEMBER WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS I SHOUD ASK HIM IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD THE SAME ISSUE HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO HAVE SURGERY OR HOW MUCH SHOULD IT REACH BEFOREE THEY CONSIDER SURGERY, hE HAD MICROSCOIC HEMATURIA, AND HAS SEEN A KIDNEY SECIALIST IN THE AST BUT THE SCANS TAKEN AT THAT TIME WERE NORMAL ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO, HE IS ALSO IN THE ROCESS OF DOING A 24 HR URINE TEST , WITH GODS BLESSING THE ALBUMIN MIGHT REDUCE AND EVEYTHING MIGHT COME TO NORMAL WITH GODS BLESSING HOW LONG IS THE SURGERY HE IS A SMOKER, HE IS STARTING TO CUT DOWN ON SMOKING hE HAS SLIGHT EMHASYMA TOO, AND SOME SILICOSIS NODULES IN LUNG DUE TO THE WORK HE WAS DOING I NEED SOME ANSWERS LEASE IF YOU CAN IT WILL BE SO GOOD WITH GODS BLESSING ALWAYS HEATHER