Hello everyone. I have one doubt and I need to find out very soon what it is. Am I having right information or not. So, here we go. My mom has aortic aneurysm and when I asked her about this she told me that there is just one type of this disease. I went to see the doctor because I needed to take some pills for her, and he asked me which type of aortic aneurysm she has. I told him that she has the only one that exists (like I am the smart one) and he told me that there are two types of this. Is this true? What are treatment for them?

Hey.

Two types of aortic aneurysm are abdominal aortic aneurysm and thoracic aortic aneurysm. Some people can have both types and you need to find out is she in this group, if she is not, than you need to find out in which group she is.

I am really surprised that doctor didn’t told her this.

For first aortic aneurysm doctors usually will be focused on routine checkups and treatment for AAA that can help prevent growth of it or even the rupture.

But for the other type I am not sure what the proper treatment is.

Maybe someone else will know more about this.

Good luck.

Hello there.

I am familiar with this – that someone was diagnosed with it and he or she doesn’t have a clue which type of aortic aneurysm he or she has. It is pretty much unbelievable for me, but who knows why doctors don’t tell them more about it.

But I am pretty sure that types of aortic aneurysm are abdominal and cerebral.

An abdominal aortic aneurysm occurs when the large blood vessel that supplies blood to the abdomen, pelvis and legs become very large, which is not normal.

Cerebral aneurysm affects about five percent of people and it happens when the wall of a blood vessel in the brain becomes weakened.

Hey guys.

When it comes about the treatment, it depends on many factors. Treatment for an abdominal AAA can be determinate according to aneurysm’s size, your general health, your medical history and of course, your age. So, if you are dealing with large aneurysm your doctor will probably tell you to go to the surgery because this is the best option in your case. Look, there is a risk of the aneurysm rupturing and it is big risk. That is why operation is needed.

If you have small or medium aneurysm, you will be offered regular scans, just to check the size of it, your doctor will probably tell you to stop smoking if you are a smoker and he will probably give you medications for blood pressure and to lower down your cholesterol levels.

Hey Sanches,

Yes, that is true, you have two types of aortic aneurysm and the treatment is not the same for both of them. I'll agree with the others when they say that it is unusual that her doctor didn't tell her what type of aortic aneurysm does she have.

I can agree with La Yi La, if she is dealing with a large aneurysm, surgery will probably be the best option she has because you don't want the aneurysm to rupture.

If it's not so big, she will have to do tests more often in order to monitor her condition and she will have to take good care of her lifestyle.

Hey Sanchess,

It is true that there are two types of aortic aneurysm. It's kind of weird that your mom was told that there is only one type. But it doesn't matter, nobody is going to prescribe her any medications until they know which type of aortic aneurysm she has, so not knowing this can't really harm her.

The two types of aortic aneurysm are abdominal and cerebral. These are very different and they require a totally different treatment. 

The abdominal aortic aneurysm usually requires a surgery, but sometimes it can be treated with only medications.

Two surgical options are available for treating cerebral aortic aneurysms, both of which carry some risk to the individual.

Hey everyone,

Like everybody already told you, there are two types of aortic aneurysm - abdominal and cerebral. Nobody is going to give you any medications before you know which one do you have. But basically, for the cerebral aortic aneurysm, medications are almost never used, only surgeries. There are two types of surgeries for this matter and these are both very dangerous for the person.

Abdominal aortic aneurysm is sometimes treated with medications, and sometimes you have to undergo surgery. If you have a good and experienced doctor, this surgery shouldn't be dangerous at all. It takes up to a month to recover afterwards.

Hey everyone,

Yes, there are two types of aortic aneurysm, abdominal and cerebral. 

Treatment of an aortic aneurysm is based on how big it is and how fast it is growing. If you have a large or fast growing aneurysm, you need surgery to fix it. A doctor will repair the damaged part of the blood vessel during open surgery.

Small aneurysms aren't treated with a surgery, instead, they are usually treated with high blood pressure medicine, such as beta-blockers. This medicine helps to lower blood pressure and stress on the aortic wall. If you don't have a repair surgery or procedure, you will have routine ultrasound tests to see if the aneurysm is getting bigger.