Beating an old horse but the cdc says it again.

obesity biggest health threat to US

careful, i got beat up the last time i mentioned this.............

Did some fat guy come sit on you and make you cry Uncle!????
I think the obesity situation is increasing because so many people are giving up smoking and replacing it with cheeseburgers.... hence smoking problems go down, obesity issues go up.... of course I have nothing whatsoever to back this up.

Nope, I think people are just lazy. Between Playstation, X-Box, email and cyber-porn, why exercise?

Personally, I am going to resist getting a game system in my house, not just for my kids, but for me as well.

Those things have a tendency to siphon hours away from life...

I'd add TV to that list too. We've made an agreement in our house that the TV can't come on before 6pm, unless there's something special on we can only see then.

I know one reason I spend so much time at the gym over the summer is so I don't sit on the couch watching TV, playing on the computer, and stuffing my face strictly out of boredom.

:1:
They look cool but are so hard to put down.

I do not want to cause controversy just encourage those of us who run. Keep it up guys and girls, we are in the minority now

And it all comes full circle again.

Not all fat people are lazy. Some are actually quite physically fit. Take me for example. I am considered very overweight on The Chart, and that's after moving out of the obese category a month ago. While I'm not saying that I don't need to lose some weight, because I do, I will say I am in the best physical shape of my life. I just hide my weight VERY WELL.

Fat people, too, can run half marathons and 60+ mile weeks. They just do it more slowly. :P When I look around during my races, I see I am not the only one. But as a group, runners tend to be super judgmental and opinionated (just like me, I admit it!), as this argument and those that have come before it demonstrate.

Come on, you are not fat! And besides, we are referring to those who are overweight and do nothing about it but b***h about those of us who do! If I get one more comment from the cow-worker with the whopper hanging out of his mouth and his love handles hanging over the sides of his chair that running is for fags I am gonna deck him.

First this: Nope, I think people are just lazy. Between Playstation, X-Box, email and cyber-porn, why exercise? Then this: Come on, you are not fat! And besides, we are referring to those who are overweight and do nothing about it but bish about those of us who do! I'm not trying to start an argument, but I don't quite see the second additions coming from the first statement. I'm sure most people who disparage overweight people mean what you're saying in that 2nd quote, but it usually comes across more like the first.

First this:

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I don't quite see the second additions coming from the first statement. I'm sure most people who disparage overweight people mean what you're saying in that 2nd quote, but it usually comes across more like the first. You are right.