Hi, I'm 13 years and 7 months old, 5 foot 5 inches tall and I weigh 13 stone 8!! Am I morbidly obese or just obese or even just overweight? I'm so worried about my weight I get bullied every day for it. I want to go to doctor about it but I'm so embarresed to weigh infront of anyone, especially a doctor cos I think they are just gonna think 'oh wow she is so fat!!' what should I do??

Your BMI is 31.6
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
:-(
You should consult your doctor as there are a lot of risks and implications from obesity But you are not alone, ever need to talk your GP will be there, me too.

missomg97 wrote:

Quote:

Don't be embarresed about being weighed in a doctors office, that is what they are there for, if you want help do it, i wieghed 250 and went to the doctor he put me on a diet and I stuck to it, adn lost 75 pounds. Put a lock on the refig. if possible. but get help. hope it helps

Never think a doctor as a judgemental person . if anything they will empathise their goal is to help you back to health that is what they always aim to do.

Hi you shouldn't be embarresed& it depends what your body structure is if your uncomfortable you should inform a parent or friend so they can help you but don't base your weight on what bully's say because bully's say anything for attention, and in all honesty if you want to lose weight do it for yourself not to impress or stop them, because in the end they'll always find something to moan about. Keep your chin up anyway but don't keep it to yourself inform others so you don't have to deal with it on your own x

hey, i'm the same age, and only an inch taller. it depends on your build too. i am have wide shoulders, hips, and a pretty big bust. and truthfully, i am perfectly fine with the way i look. i get bullied and called fat all the time. and if the doctors are judging you, they're the wrong ones, because ecspecially with their line of work, it is important not to judge. and if you are uncomfortable with your body, just excersise a little more, and eat healthier. also, don't listen to the BMI, because it was not made to measure how fat somone is, and this was stated by the guy who made the BMI scale. so i don't know if this helped any, but i hope it did.

kinda same here

Go to a doctor. Only the nurse and doc will see you weight. Maybe your parents. No need to be embarrassed. Get the help you need. Let's be brutality honest. I'm sure you are a lovely and beautiful person at heart. You are rightfully concerned about your appearance and health. You claim to be over 13 stone and 5'5". You are already being 'weighed' by everyone who sees you. Your baggy clothes fool no one. Get the help you need.

buddy i have a couple of tips to help you, try switching to skimmed milk thats fat free, switch to fat free natural yogurts, I would also recommend using a mini cycle for when you are sitting down watching tv that will help you to exercise when you are watching tv, even drinking coffee with skimmed milk will help you to loose weight, also don't use butter on bread i recommending switching to coconut oil instead of butter as it helps you loose weight and buildd up immune system, also if you like fizzy drinks try the sugar free range as you can get very tasty coke, of cherryade thatsvery tasty and low if not free of calories. I do all this all the time, i tell you i got use to sitting down watcing tv on the sofa whilst exercising on my mini cycle its very comfortable. My children all follow my steps and they are all bmi ideal weight. I am 22.6 bmi ideal weight. Since i switched to the above routing i've lost nearly a stone and i recommend to everyone to do the same. The Davina minicycle only costs £30, when you have to pay £30 a month to go to a gym saving you hundreds if not thousdands of pounds, and you can exercise the whole body with it. I hope I helped you with my lifestyle and i hope many people follow my steps and my advice will help many people to live healthier lifestyle

Hi im 13 years old and ive got great mucels sorry for bad english but im 166cm/5,5 feet and weight 80kg / 12,7 stones and my bmi is 29 but i have ben eating like 1500 kaloris per day and exercise a lot both mma and taekwondo but im not loosing weight in the first 2 weeks i lost 3,7kg/ 0,7 stone and now it just standing still what sould i do.