Hello all, I need to lose some weight and that's not kind of new thing for me since I am struggling with that for a long time. Therefore I tried so many ways, so many diets, pills, programs etc, and I learned that nothing works for me except being actually physically active.

Although I know that, still it's not that easy. I always find it hard to begin with exercises, to start being active, maybe it's because I am fairly overweight guy (around 100 kg, 180cm tall , 30 years), so I definitely can't do some really hard exercises. Then I discovered this running plan, I think I could totally do this since it is gradually increasing my physical activity.

Does anyone have any experience or advice which would be useful for me and other beginners? Many thanks.

Hi. As someone who went through all of that you wrote, seriously, I can totally indentify, it looks like my story. I am just younger then you, I am 22 years old. You made a great step by deciding to stick to this plan, really, nothing worked for me until I started to be more active, and this will be just perfect for you. You are right, it is slowly increasing your activity, you will start with minimal efforts and at the end you will probably be able to run marathons. That is the common mistake people make when they want to lose weight or generally to be more active. They start all of the sudden with great efforts which is the shock for the body, and it's normal and expected then to give up soon. You just stick to this program, and you will see the results. Good luck!

My ex boyfriend was on this running plan. It is supposed to last for 9 weeks, or approximately 2 months, you should be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping at the end. And he managed even more. Truth to be told he wasn't fat, he just wanted to be more active, since he lost his job he was for a few months couch potato, literally all his activity was to go from the kitchen to the computer. And the beginning he was mostly walking with very little running, maybe just for a minute or so. And he gradually increased it and switched walking and running. Hope this will be helpful. :)

Hello there, I am on this program currently.

This is my 5th week and I can tell you that it really works. It's unbelievable how much difference this can actually make. I remember before I started I was so lazy and I was skeptical and I simply couldn't imagine that I would be able to run this much. I feel so better and energized now.

You don't have to worry about your weight, it's completely suitable for overweight people and you will totally be able to do this, as for the first whole week you will be walking for 5 minutes, then running one minute and then walking for minute and a half and then for 20 minutes switching those two.