Hi, guys. My mother has been diagnosed with advanced breast cancer. I think that doctor wants to recommend her anti estrogen treatment. I am not sure about all this since I don’t have enough data. I would appreciate if someone could fill me in with some info, so I can have a clearer picture.

Hi to you too. Breast cancer indeed depends on the levels of estrogen – female sex hormone. Therefore, it must be blocked. There are many medications that block receptors for estrogens. Others inhibit the production of estrogen. However, I think this is more appropriate therapy for early stage cancer. I am not sure how effective it is for the advanced cancer. I think that some other chemotherapeutic drugs should be used. Radiotherapy is also something that should be considered. I am sorry to hear about your mother.