Hi. I'm 34 year old female and I need some help.
For the past three weeks, every time I get up, I have a sharp, shooting, pain in my right breast. I don’t know is there any muscles in a breast but I feel as if some muscle cramped.
I've checked both my breasts and there's no palpable signs of anything different on my breast.
I have not had a mammogram yet but if you could tell me anything it would be greatly appreciated.

There are several possible causes of your chest or breast pain. You didn’t name too many details so I’ll try to help you with some guidelines.
There could be some very trivial cause of your pains. You could have pulled a muscle or ligament in the chest wall. But, if this was your case, your pains wouldn’t last so long.
Pain coming from elsewhere can be associated with an underlying problem such as swelling (inflammation) of the chest wall. This is called costochondritis or Tietz's Syndrome.
Of, you must know that also a breast cancer called fibroadenoma could be the cause.
It could be localized deep in breast tissue so you wont be able to palpate it.
Best thing for you is to contact your GP as soon as possible.
Your GP will examine your breasts and take a detailed history of the type of pain you have and how often it occurs.

I'm 19 years old and I'm having a similar problem. I am having shooting pains in my right breast and at times I feel pressure. I'm having the same pain in my back also directly behind my right breast.

For the record, fibroadenoma is not a breast cancer but a breast condition. If one researches it on the net it is better explained and includes details on pain types etc...
It is known to cause pain at times. An ultrasound or mammogram can pick up any fibriod(s) that may be in your breast. An ultrasound that I had recently showed one that I didn't realize was there and most probably the source of my pain. Fibriods do have the chance of becoming cancerous but very slim. Apparently, women in thier late 20 and 30 commonly get these, I hope this helps.

A fibroadenoma is NOT, NOT, NOT a breast cancer. It is a benign nodule. I am a healthcare provider and would strongly recommend you get your facts straight before posting.

have been having transient shooting right breast pain for about three hours. What could this be? Also being treated for bronchitis after x-ray done but still having persistent cough?

To the person that posted Fibroadenoma is cancer is INCORRECT! If you are experiencing swelling and pain in the breast you should see a doctor and request a mammogram, ultrasound or sonogram. Fibroadenoma is a benigned breast condition.

i am having sharp pains in my breast that come and go is this something to be worried about

need answers

I too am experiencing this type of pain in my left breast feels like being pricked with a large pin from the inside , its more common first thing and at night when i go to bed , i am scared to go get this checked out to be honest !

I am 21 years old and I have a horrible sharp pain in my left breast. It a diagnal pain in the inside. I notice it the most when i walk around at work. Also i do not have insurance yet so i am waiting to go to the doctor. If any one has the same problems please let me know what the doctor told you.

Just like any healthcare provider, you started generalizing things, but never gave anything worth listening to. I've read this entire thread, and nobody seems to have the answer to the pain that I am having in my life. For all the readers out there that NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED, quit correcting people, and post an answer. Thousands of people might be referred to this thread via googling their condition, and they come to find some stupid healthcare person correcting someone. If anybody can find someone that can help people like me that googled for support, please, find a doctor and get them on here so I can stop reading dumb posts like the one I quoted.

Thanks.

Well it IS sort of an important point that the healthcare provider mentioned. Fibroadenoma is not a cancer, the person who posted that it was a cancer wrongly said it was a cancer therefore potentially alarming people unnecessarily. It was something that needed to be pointed out.

FIBROADENOMA IS NOT BREAST CANCER!!!

But then, that's what happens when you make an appointment with Dr. Any-Anonymous-id**t-On-Teh-Interwebs. 8-|

I can't believe someone posted something that ignorant, and I can't believe someone else posted something snarky (and equally as ignorant) about correcting the dangerously and irresponsibly WRONG answer. Telling someone something is cancer when it is not is criminally negligent and needs to be pointed out.

A sharp pain in your breast is a vague condition. Talk to a real doctor (although this is a three year old question, so I assume you figured it out one way or another by now). The internet is not the place to self-diagnose, but if you want to do some research re medical conditions or symptoms in conjunction with seeking genuine medical counseling, try a respected site such as the Mayo Clinic site or WebMD.

I too have the pain in my left breast...the person that listed the pin and hte diagonal pain is exactly what i have.. It comes and goes, but is more likely to come in the evening. Its on the outside. it goes from the nipple to armpit..so to say.

i also am having a sharp pain in my breast. Its almost right next to the nipple. It comes and goes. I can have it a couple days in a row. . or not for a week or too. i have no idea what this could be.