Hi, my mother, 64 years, was diagnosed with lung cancer, she has been smoking for 30 years and even had asthma when she was young. I heard that lung cancer is the deadliest cancer of all. How treatable is lung caner?

To decide which treatment will be used in a patient with lung cancer, many facts must be considerated. Type of cancer, stage of the disease, affected area of lungs, whether it has metastasis, age and general health condition play significant role in treatment approach. Usually, like in all other sorts of cancer surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are applied to treat lung cancer. Major difference in treatment is by small and non small lung cell cancer. Small lung cell cancer can be treated with chemotherapy alone and non small requires whole procedure including surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.

Hallo,
Lung cancer is very dangerous. I know that there are two types of lung cancer. Non small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer, where the first one is most common. I think that the treatment is different for these two types of cancer. You have to know that in non small cell lung cancer the surgery is often the best treatment option. Do you know what type of cancer does she have? Also she might need chemotherapy where drugs will help her to kill the cancer cells and stop the growth of the new cells. I hope this helped you and her in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

Hi Alleen....just wondering how it turned out for your mother? I hope all is well and that she is enjoying life as she knew it. My mother is going for her results today. They found a 3cm mass in here lung, had it biopsied, and now finds out today what it is. We are praying it is not cancer. She is 68.

hi.. m 16 n my loving grandpa was told he had lung cancer for 2 years and didnt know he had .:'(<3 but is treatable with chemo n stuff?

Well... Many people lost their lives because of dangrous disease. There are several option to treat it but many people believe that essiac tea is best alternative to treat cancer.  It is not approved by FDA yet and it is available as a dietary supplement in market.

Aleen what has been your outcome

Kcuber-
We just recieved results today from CT, my mom is 65 and has a 5cm cancer on her lung. Depending on biopsy next wk will determine treatment. I am so scared & need to hear a success story to give me hope. All i hear is pray, faith, god. At this time THATS JUST NOT ENOUGH RIGHT NOW

I completely understand what you are going threw. I just found out last week that my mom who is 56, has fourth stage lung cancer and today we had the second biopsy to determine what type. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I am scared to death of the outcome and I do not know what to do.

Hi, Two years ago I was told that I had lung cancer. Smoked for 50 years, stoped smoking the day I had surgery, all the cancer was removed cancer free today.