Hi, folks. My mother has been diagnosed with endometrial cancer. I won’t explain to you what a shock this was for all of us. I would just like to ask you to tell me something more about gestagen in the therapy of the endometrial cancer. I would appreciate if someone could give me any kind of info.

Hi, there. I am sorry to hear that. Gestagens are also known as progestin. Those are man-made progesterone which is natural female sex hormone. Progestin can be used in the treatment of endometrial cancer. It is used for stage III and IV of this cancer. Stage IV means cancer has spread on other parts of the body. In stage III progestin is used when radiotherapy is not recommended. Those cases are rare. Sometimes it is recommended for recurrent cancer. It is not recommended for women with diabetes or a history of blood clotting. I hope this is helpful.