Hi, I'm a 21 year old female. One evening I was sitting down just playing a video game and suddenly I was overcome with this feeling that my heart was racing and that I wasn't breathing right. I was absolutely convinced I was going to die at any moment. Thinking it was just in my head or that the game made me jump I went to sleep. The next day I tried to function like normal, go to work etc but at work I began feeling my pulse and taking deep breaths with overwhelming feeling that I was going to die, I kept thinking I was going to pass out and die or pass out from a heart attack. That night i couldn't fall asleep I tossed and turned all night. the next morning i ended up in the emergency room because my heart was racing, i felt like i couldnt breath right. when i arrived at the ER they did an EKG and hooked me up to the monitor i had a normal pulse and normal blood pressure. they sent me home saying it was anxiety, but for the last two weeks all i have done is check my pulse constantly and randomly break down from fear that im going to die, it feels like there is an impending doom. I have this derealzition that im just going with the flow of life, that i am comprehending but i dont really feel like myself. I am assuming this anxiety but i have had random chest pains, tingling sensations in my feet, hands, chest and head this is effecting my whole life i cannot function im constantly fearing death of a heart attack. I also have developed a weird breathing tick, it like a push air out rapidly i cant stop the tick. i am currently waiting for a thyroid test to come back and blood work but i cant take this i want to jump out of my skin. i am constantly worried im going to die of heart attack and constantly feeling my pulse sometimes every ten-fifteen minutes temporarily my doctor put me on hydroxyzine but it doesnt help just makes me light-headed and somewhat sleepy which helps me when i cant sleep but could this be a health condition other than anxiety or should i just schedule an apt with the psy dr

I can tell you now that that is a panic attack.... I have them all the time, I know how you feel... I felt the same way you did in the begining, tests, EKG s, hospital visits, not believing anyone, getting second opinions, yes to this day I still check my pulse. All your symptions are clasic for panic attacks. No I cant tell you that it gets better, But I let the fear rule my life. If you push past the fear, believe me you will get better. It got me dont let it get you.

I realize this is an old post, but I'm out to inform anyone who feels that way. It's definitely anxiety and I know first hand all those feelings. I went through the same thing. Believe me, we are not the only ones in the world who suffer from this god awful feeling. I'm no doctor, but they can be controlled to an extent and for the last 20 years that I've been suffering from them, I feel that Klonopin is the best answer. Although everyone's mental breakdown is different, Klonopin seems to work the best for me. My anxiety attacks come in waves and sometimes they could last for weeks and sometimes they won't happen for 6 months. They can be controlled to an extent but a medication is a real big help. I think of it as a security blanket. If I know I have a Klonopin wherever I am, I don't feel as anxious but I know that if an anxiety attack is coming I take a small dose. I've dropped to my knees numerous times from a panic attack and it's a horrible feeling. A good shrink and a Klonopin is a great start. Good luck to all and keep on keeping on!

this is an old post, I dont know if you are still following it...I too have this...I am still in the seems to be normal stages of believing there is something terribly wrong with me and trying to believe it's just anxiety. Tried meds to help me out however I am just too sensitive to them and they made everything WORSE! I did try xanax for a couple of days to get some sleep and it did help me finally fall asleep. I dont take anything right now I am just relaxing and pushing through the random chest , shoulder and neck pains...sometimes I think I actually create the pains in fear that I will have a heart attack. I have gone through many dr's have had my heart checked out. They found I have MVP with slight regurge but nothing too serious. Actually nothing serious at all she told me she even has this and its harmless. You are not alone! For what ever reason...we get to be the unlucky to have to deal with it. hang in there and let us know how you are doing now if you still follow this.