Hi there my mother has just discovered a brain tumor Gliblastoma Multiforme WHO Grade - IV known as dedliest and doctors say the life depends maximum to one year.

we have got surgery done in december followed by 30 Nos of radiotherpy and chemotherpy in the form of temozolomide 120MG for 42 days then a break of 4 weeks and now first cycle of post RT chemotherpy is gonna start from 13th april.

Will anybody tell me any other better treatment for her

Thanks

My brother had the same, I lost him last year. I have checked all alternatives.

The best option seems to be this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberknife

:-( Hello. My father in law was just diagnosed with Glioblastoma Grade IV and was given three options of treatment: take no action- was given three to six months to live, Radiation and Chemotherapy- was given six to nine months to live, and the option to remove the tumor but there are chances that he could be paralyzed on the right side- was given sixteen to eighteen months to live. From the research I have done so far I know that this is a very aggresive cancer and not many options are avalible. I would like to ask if anyone has any suggestions to please let me know.

Thank You

I don't know how far would this be helpful as I am myself using this regime with my Girl friend who has Astrocytoma anaplastic and is in the same condition as your mother.

Try Dr. Budwigs Diet plan

Visit my blog for some information that you might find useful

Prayers and Love
Rocky

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi, my mother was diagnosed with GBM in April 2008. She was 60 yrs old at diagnose and had several health problems such as RA, Fibromyalsia, Hietal hernia. She also followed the same course of treatments your mother did. The Temodar is not a great chemo treatment but what is used with GMB. Her cancer was starting to grow slowly in October 2008 and we took an aggressive approach and she was treated with Avastin and CPT11 - she was only able to have 2 treatments of the Avastin and 3 of the CPT11 due to chronic MRSA infections (started right after brain surgery). However, she was able to go over a year with out any more treatments without much change. She is still here with us but the cancer is slowly growing again and she is too weak for anymore treatments. We are proud how long she has been able to fight this horrible deadly disease. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you and your family.