I won't go into all the boring and unnecessary medical details here, but the short version of the story is that I was recently diagnosed with a fatty lump on my kidney, and that I am not yet sure about the long term health implications of this. I would like to share info any experiences with people in the same boat. Anyone?

Hi there,

If I am not mistaking here I think that you have problem with Angiomyolipoma. And Angiomyolipoma is a benign renal neoplasm composed of fat. There are several ways that this can be diagnosed in several ways. The most important thing is that the treatment for this condition can be done surgically and can be done with therapy. I think that most doctors will suggest you to have a surgery for this because its very effective. On the other hand some fat growths don’t even need any treatment unless there are some other indications that this might be causing your kidneys to malfunction. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,

Danella