I was 20 years old when I was diagnosed. I am 36 years old now, doctors told my family I wouldn't live long but I'm still here. I am evidence that man doesn't have the final say about things like this. God was in control then and he's in control now! GOD is the beginning and and the end.!

Hello from a newly diagnosed Gliosarcoma number. I had a 5cm mass removed Nov 9 which was largely gelatinous. Pathology report returned a grade 4 diagnosis so I have just completed 30 Chemo/Rad sessions. (holy cow,,, talk about Fatigue at the end.... Not to mention erratic dysfunctional sleep because of the 16 mg of steroids to deal with inflammation etc). My last treatment was this past Friday, Feb 3, YEAH!!! I 'm Suanne Louise Zankowski, I am 52 and was told in Nov that I should live ft 18 months. Respectfully, my husbandd Ed and I Chose another number...30, as in years and you are right that neither you nor the doctors can accurately predict the future. We own our thoughts, and intentions and this is a power that can deliver happiness and peace and wellness each and every day which frankly, makes this journey alot easier no.,Congrstlations on your sustaining and living.... Open to any advice or wisdom. Just read Anti-Cancer, a new way of lifr, David Servan-Schreiber, highly recommend for you and family if not devoured yet. All the best, s

I have gliosarcoma too....just diagnosed in January...and I want to thank you for sharing your story because I am just starting treatments and wanted to hear about other women in this situation

Thanks so much for sharing. A very good friend of mine was just diagnosed with gliosarcoma. What do you suggest he do? Radiation and chemo or alternative approaches?

I recommend what I did for my gliosarcoma...alternatives.....no more poisoning or burning....nutrition, supplements, cleanses....find a great doc that knows ....I finally did and my life is healthier and I beat the cancer.

nacheska wrote:

can you share what those alternatives were?

nacheska wrote:

GOD BLESS U ALL .DNT TRUST ON DOCTOR'S SERVIVAL REPORTS OR PREDICTIONS LIKE 60 -80 WEEKS OF SURVIVALS .MY URGE TO TRUST ON ONLY GOD AND ONLY GOD KNOWS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.GOD IS GIVING AND TAKING THE LIFE OF ALL LIVING THINGS.I WILL CORDIALLY PRAY TO ALL WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM THIS GBM/GSM BRAIN TUMOUR.MY ALL BEST WISHES FOR ALL DEARS.TAKE CARE

glad to hear you are doing so good. I was diagnosed on july 31, 2012 stage 4 and given maybe 2 years at the most. But since they took the bulk of that gliosarcoma tumor out I have felt better than I have in a year or more. I just can't imagine not going on for several more years. There is no expiration date stamped on my foot. I'm ready to start the fight soon with chemo and radiation. get this booger before it has a chance to get strong again.

Respectfully to all, understanding the tumour, its affect, and choosing the way forward re treatment and management is as unique as the individual diagnosed. My story ( Suanne) is toward the beginning of this page. My RadioOncologist (Swamanath) ChiefOncologist (Hal Hirte) Nerosurgeon (Murty) Naturopath (Barnes), Neurologist (Ganesan), Acupuncturist/Chinese Herbalist (He), Chiropractor (Zavitz), Reiki Master (CA Glenn), for me, the Holy Spirit and Guides, ... My wonderful support network, Hubby, friends, colleagues, and my own responsibility (attitude, will,) have helped me to recover... And the journey continues. No one can tell you how to treat your "self". My philosophy was to throw everything at it, evaluate, adjust and keep going. Coming up on a year since the symptoms began to manifest.... Seems East and West working together in a integrated manner with full disclosure, is working. I am equall parts cynic and believer, I ask a lot questions and have always questioned those in positions of presumed authority. You don't have to embrace it, or release it... All I'm saying is given our prognosis, where's the harm in getting to " ok, maybe". We've nothing to lose, everything to gain. I was also diagnosed Stage4.... you will be reading about my survival journey for years to come.

My son has gliosarcoma. He is 18 years old. How are you? What treatments were you on? What helped you? Can you share more of your story with me, please! Its rare to find some one with exact diagnosis of this and with same age, just about when it occurred... Thank you Janine.. Donovans mom

hi, my cousin has been diagnosed with gliosorcama and we have faith taht we will beat this monster. He is 17 years old please share with us any useful information he is currently doing radiation and doctors told himon tuesday that he can no longer continue with the chemotherapy and sent him home. 

The husband of a friend was diagnosed with glioblastoma 7 years ago, and he is doing well. The main thing he's been doing is using an extract of aloe vera. If you'd like more information email me at

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Gary

Leslieevette-
Sorry To Hear This.. and I Apologize For not Not.coming Back To this sooner. I Had read An Earlier Post About Throwing Everything At It And ThAts what We Have Done. My Son Also ended Up Going Through radiation/Chemo Because His Tumor grew Back Significantly. but For The First Couple Months I TriedDifferent Alternatives I Had Read WorKed For Others, But Not For This Monster We Were Up Against. I Have Kept My Son On Very Healthy Diet. No Preservatives, No Processed Foods, Organic, Juicing, SupplementsRecommended By A Brain Cancer nutritionist "Jeanne Wallace" She Also teaches How To Prepare Food, What To Buy Etc... We Are Now On Month 13 And My Son Is Getting Stronger. Positive Thinking And Prayer HAs Worked For Us Too... I dOnt Like To Hear When Drs Give Up! We Have To BE Our Loved Ones Biggest Advocates. Its Not Cheap To Do What We Are Doing ButWeDecided We Would Rather Lose It All Then To Lose Him. Hope This Helps
GOd Bless!

I was wondering if you could let us know what you did for your alternative treatments. My Mom was diagnosed with gliosarcoma and we are no longer doing surgery, chemo, or radiation. We are only doing alternative medicine. We would be so appreciative of the info. Thank you!!

Dear suanne

Iwould like to know about the wonderful recovery you have made.As my mom is also diagnosed to have gliosarcoma grade iv, we had complete resection of the tumor, had 33 cycle of radiation and is now having temozolamide every month.She has become weak these days. Iould like to know about everything you did to overcome this disease and with this i want to make my mom come out of this dreadful disease. Pls help.

Srijana