I am having breast cancer, and recently I found out that I have bone metastasis. I was thinking to do mastectomy, but now I am not sure if this treatment is right for bone mets. I would like to know what recomedible treatmen for bone metastasis is and some information about mastectomy also. Thank you

Treatment options for people with bone metastases depend on where the primary cancer developed, which bones it has spread to and in the case of breast cancer, for instance, whether they contain estrogen receptors .Most doctors feel the most important treatment for bone metastases is treatment directed against the cancer and for this case systematic therapy. It includes chemotherapy and/or hormone therapy with Estrogen. Mastectomy has several types from “simple” to “radical” and it is usually right solution if cancer is found in more than one part of your breast or your breast are small or are shaped so that a lumpectomy leave you with a little breast tissue. The best thing you can do is wait and see what tour doctor is going to decide as treatment. Take care