I have breast discomfort and burning on the nipple. Sometimes I have to put ice packs on my breasts to relieve the discomfort. I'm currently taking PO vitamin B12. I remember this happened when I took B12 years ago. Could the B12 be the reason for the breast pain?

Hi Belle

Symptoms of early Paget’s disease of the nipple include redness and mild scaling and flaking of the nipple skin. Early symptoms may cause only mild irritation and may not be enough to prompt a visit to the doctor. Improvement in the skin can occur spontaneously, but this should not be taken as a sign that the disease has disappeared. More advanced disease may show more serious destruction of the skin. At this stage, the symptoms may include tingling, itching, increased sensitivity, burning, and pain. There may also be a bloody discharge from the nipple, and the nipple can appear flattened against the breast.In approximately half of patients with Paget’s disease of the nipple, a lump or mass in the breast can be felt during a physical exam. In most cases, Paget’s disease of the nipple is initially confined to the nipple, later spreading to the areola (the circular area of darker skin the surrounds the nipple) or other regions of the breast. Paget’s disease of the nipple can also be found only on the areola, where it may resemble eczema, a noncancerous itchy red rash. Although rare, Paget’s disease of the nipple can occur in both breasts.

I suggest you visit an oncologist and get yourself evaluated