Hello. About for months ago I started to suffer from some very strange and symptoms.
First I felt marked loss of vision in both eyes and I contacted my doctor over it and, after few tests he said that I suffer from some optic neuritis and prescribed me some antibiotics.
But this made my symptoms even worse. I developed some muscle weakness followed by spasticity, incoordination, ataxia, urinary, bowel, sexual and autonomic dysfunction.
Than, I got my “real” final diagnosis. I was diagnosed with some syndrome called Devic’s syndrome.
I was wondering what kind of syndrome this is and is there any physical therapy for it?

I'm a medical student and I know a bit about your primary disease.
I'm sorry to say but you are suffering from one very serious disease.
Devic's syndrome, also known as Devic's disease and Neuromyelitis Optica, is a rare, chronic, inflammatory and demyelinating disease of the central nervous system (CNS) which resembles Multiple Sclerosis in several ways.
The disorder affects the optic nerve and the nerves in the spinal cord. In Devic's syndrome, the fatty sheath that protects these nerves is lost.
There are some discussions about the fact is this disease by it self or is it just one type of multiple sclerosis.
The treatment is divided into two strategies: arrest the disease process, and symptomatic management.
There are several medications used for this and some of them are Methotrexate, Azathioprine, Baclofen, Tizanidine and some others.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation is very important and needed to for repairing damaged nerves and restoring full use and strength to injured areas.

My wife has had Devic's since 2002 and is also positive for Sjogren's.

She takes 25mg/week methotrexate and we have started her on Rituxin. The monoclonal antibody treatment (B-Cell depletion) seems the best way to go.

Tony

I have a daughter who was diagnosed with Devic's about 18 months ago. We are looking into some natural treatment or Ayurveda method. Can you give mee any info on this.

I have this diease too pt a dot is very important

i would like to know if their is wheelchair exercises the right kind 

Hello i have devic fore about 12 or 13 jears,and i think im lucky on the moment .because ionley lost my left eye and my richt is 70% working.im not à actief patiënt because the Cannot help me the say..i never lookt It up til today. What to do? Greetings Funs Hendrikx  27years