I need info about should women who may have a family history of cancer still take the "normal" estrogen replacement or wait and take one of the newly developed hormones that are not estrogen? Do any of the herbal replacement work? I have estrogen deficiency.

I did some research for you and here is the answer. If there is a primary relative with a history of breast cancer, your risk of breast cancer is increased. However, there are studies to suggest that adding replacement estrogen does not further increase your risk of breast cancer and you might benefit in the cardiovascular, bone and possibly brain protection, as well as control of the symptoms of hot flushes and atrophic changes. There are new hormones being developed that may separate traditional estrogen effects on breast, vagina, uterus from the protective effects on bone and cardiovascular system. There is a plant, herbal remedy, plant estrogens.