Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with heavy metal poisoning since the chronic exposure. That is why he must go to be treated with Detoxamin. I would like to know if there are any know side effects of this drug. I could really use your help with this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Detoxamin is one of the most popular chelation agents. It is also known as EDTA. It binds metals in intestines and prevents them from absorbing. They are eliminated through stool. That is why the most common side effect is loose stool and increased gas during the first week of the treatment. If your liver and kidneys are healthy, there are very small chances for more serious side effects. However, people with impaired functions of these organs should consult first a professional before using Detoxamin. I hope this helps. Bye!