Hello, folks. My friend got some serious acute lead poisoning. He was pointed out to a facility where a chelation therapy was performed. I know something about this treatment, but I would like to know whether this therapy can be dangerous. What do you know about this? I would appreciate all your replies.

Hello. Chelation therapy is very important for treating poisoning with heavy metals. There are even some trials of cardiovascular treatment with this. There are some side effects of chelation therapy. Headaches come because of low blood sugar levels. It is recommended to eat before or during the treatment. Local skin irritation is also possible. Few people experience diarrhea. Many people feel like fainting. It is caused by a drop of blood pressure. There can also be cramps, fever, extreme fatigue and pain in the joints. You should talk to a doctor about details.