Hi, guys. My friend is taking zinc supplements all the time. She used to take thin nails and someone told her that she had the lack of zinc. However, I think she is little exaggerating. I would like to know if any side effects are possible of too much zinc. I hope someone will answer my post.

Hello. Too much zinc indeed can be toxic. Dosage of 40 mg per day is considered to be safe. If someone takes between 150 and 450 mg, then there must be some interference with the metabolism. Iron, copper and magnesium metabolism will be impaired. Your friend should indeed consult an expert. She will have more damages from this. You should try to talk her to some senses. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

It's toxic. I don't want use it.

I think it can happen with any supplement if you take it in large amount it will cause a problem to your health.