Hi!
Few years ago I have been diagnosed with arteriosclerosis of the legs, which is explained as hardening of the arteries, so that I have strong leg pains. My treatment is directed initially at relieving symptoms and causes such as high blood pressure and reducing dietary calcium. Not long ago, I have heard about Chelation therapy as an alternative treatment for arteriosclerosis. Can you tell me more about Chelation therapy, and if it really works with arteriosclerosis?

Hello!
I think that I can help you and tell you what I know about Chelation therapy. Chelation therapy is wide used medical treatment in cases of heavy metal poisoning, such as lead or mercury. It is intravenous therapy, and during this treatment EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is administrated into veins. It latch onto or bind toxic metals (lead, arsenic and aluminum) from various organs. EDTA is binding these metals and it does create a compound with them that can be excreted in the urine. Because it binds calcium (deposition of calcium in the arteries is the main reason of arteriosclerosis), it is believed that it can help in removing deposits of calcium in arteries. Removing these deposits, arteries can be restored, even to the former state.
But, American Heart Association has concluded that benefits of this treatment aren’t proven, and this opinion is based on reviewing scientific literature on this subject. So as to this opinion I don’t recommend this type of treatment.