My father is suspected of being mercury toxic. And therefore he is advised to the chelating therapy which will help him to get rid of mercury. So I don’t know… never heard of chelation before and don’t understand how it works and wonder if chelation might worsen my father’s condition. Thanks

Chelation therapy is usually prescribed in cases of heavy metal poisoning. The goal of chelation therapy is to bind molecules of metals and minerals in this particular case chelation therapy should bind the molecules of mercury in order to remove it out of organism before it makes some other physiological damages. Chelation is chemical treatment that uses a substance to bind toxic molecules. And EDTA-ethylene diamine tetra-acetic acid- is a substance of chelation that is usually recommended to be used for EDTA chelation therapy has shown low levels of side effects. The most common side effect when using EDTA chelation therapy is a sense of burning on the spot where EDTA is delivered. Also EDTA chelation therapy may cause headache, fever, hypertension, nausea but all these are rare effects. So in order to make the most out of the chelation therapy it should be performed by a trained specialist.