Hi. I am suffering from epilepsy. I`m on meds, but things are not working out. I`m not sure what to do. Should I continue with my treatment? I`m taking Dilantin.

Hi. I am an epileptic too. I am taking Dilantin. I was feeling better, and I wanted to stop with the treatment. However, my health care provider told me I have to continue with my treatment. You shouldn`t switch to some other med just like that, without consulting your doctor. How long are you taking Dilantin? Only long-term usage can show if the med is good for you or not. However, sometimes you can tell at the beginning if Dilantin is not for you. For example, if you experience some serious side effects of Dilantin, you should stop taking the med and go to your doctor. I took an overdose most recently and I had to go to the hospital.