What can you tell me about severe depression treatment? I hope I will not have the same problem in my menopause as my mother has now. Are there acoustic hallucinations in severe depression? She has been complaining of voices and that those are really disturbing her. Can her depression meds treat this too?

Acoustic hallucinations, or any hallucinations for that matter are the sign of a severe neurological disorder and those also indicate that the medicament therapy is not sufficient to deal with her condition. So, the therapy has to be changed and improved, with higher dosages or maybe even some new medicament. This requires an immediate visit to the doctor, of course.

Hello there,

I can understand that you are worried that you will be going through the same condition as your mother once you reach menopause period. But there is no point in stressing yourself now because of something that is yet to come and maybe you will not have the same symptoms.

Since she is having symptoms she shouldn’t have considering she is taking medications it would be wise to see her doctor again and probably change therapy. Hallucinations are not something that she should be experiencing during therapy treatment and medications.

I hope that your mother is going to be fine and you need to stop stressing yourself about this because stress can be very dangerous especially when you are constantly under it.