Hi, my mother is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I find this diagnosis strange, because my mother is nothing like schizophrenic. She is reserved, guarded and tense.

Hi, my wife has the same diagnosis as your mother. Your mother’s reserved, guarded and tense behavior is typical for people with paranoid schizophrenia, because this type is not like any other. There’s no disorganized speech and similar symptoms. My wife has delusions and auditory hallucinations, it seams like she has lost her touch with reality. The first signs appeared when she was 34, and she still didn’t manage to cure it. I really hope these new medications will help her. There’s also a group therapy, individual therapy, family meetings and electroconvulsive therapy. If your mother is on meds, and if she doesn’t use them regularly, her symptoms will return. I know because it happened to my wife.

I have this but I don't feel like I am hearing voices I kept telling my mother there was a neighborhood kid following me everywhere basically a stalker only there are no romantic feelings involved he says he has been at the hosptial and at my doctors appointments i know this sounds exactly like a symptom but believe me we can tell reality from fiction you just have to give us a chance to finish what we were saying and I know this is real because I literally saw him in my backyard how i know i called his house to see if he was home and the answering machine picked up that's how i knew he was out there.