Hello, I'd hoped I'd ask about something less serious but it is simply not the case. My mom suffers from schizophrenia and you might imagine what her life looks like now. I guess I can stand everything but those hallucinations are really annoying. Anyway, I would like to know if schizophrenia is hereditary sickness.

Unfortunately, having a family member who suffers from that condition greatly increases risk of getting affected by the same disease. And of course, the closer the relatives are, the risk becomes higher. I assume that all you can do is help your mother as much as possible and learn all you can about that illness.

I am so sorry that your mother is diagnosed with this condition. I am aware that you are frightened that something like this could happen to you one day but seriously is there any purpose in stressing yourself out for something that is maybe happen one day and maybe not.

Meanwhile you will have to be very supportive and very brave because over time your mother will probably need higher doses of her medications so that symptoms stay reduced. You will need to keep track is she taking then on time and all other family members must be involved as much as they can so she can do her daily routine as she did before. Good luck.