My son is schizophrenic and it took me two months to say that phrase. I hoped that there will be some other diagnose, that it is some temporary illness, but unfortunately, it is not so. I am slowly learning how to live with this new situation. Anyway, what are the major issues involved with this condition, are there several types of hallucinations or just one?

Well, schizophrenia includes a large variety of different signs and symptoms and there is even a debate about this condition, whether it should be looked at as a stand alone illness or as a part of several other conditions. I know that this must be very hard on you, but don't give up, therapies are here to make his mental state much easier.

Yes, with the proper therapy, he should be able to live a more or less normal life. I would try with a therapist first, somehow I always tend to avoid meds as much as possible. As for hallucinations, there are audio, video types, delusions also. Generally, a lot of symptoms that would make everyone's life a lot worse, but with psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, family therapy, everything is much easier.

Even though this is not an easy condition, it can be held under control with the help of medications and some sort of therapy. As for signs and symptoms, there is a wide range of different behavior that quite often present a problem for the people in a direct vicinity of the patient. But as I said, the good thing is that that kind of behavior can be subdued.