So my best friend came to me today and told me that she is depressed. I didn't know, she always made excuses when we were supposed to go out but I really thought that she was honest.

Well, she is suffering from depression and she is pregnant at the same time. She is really, really scared that her depression might hurt her baby somehow and she wants to fight it but she doesn't know how to do it, she came to me to seek help but I don't know how to help her.

Does anyone here know how to cure depression when you are pregnant?

It can be cured, that's for sure, but it usually takes a lot of time to cure someone's depression, especially if these people are not willing to give their best to fight this.

There are a couple of things that a person can do in order to fight depression but the most common two are psychotherapy and antidepressant medications. However, since we are talking about a pregnant woman, antidepressants should be her last option because it is not advisable for pregnant women to take medications during their pregnancy. That leaves her with psychotherapy, she should try with this and see how it goes.

Okay, I will try and talk her into it. Do you have any advice on how to convince her to do it in case she doesn't want to talk to a psychologist? I know a lot of people who think that psychologists are not good for anything. If she happens to have the same attitude, do you have any advice on how could I convince her? I don't want her to use antidepressants, we share the same opinion when it comes to that.

Well, I will just show her my post here, hopefully she will understand that she really has to talk to a psychologist.

Here is what you need to do. You need to talk to a doctor and ask him about this medication called Ketamine. This is a new medication, not really new, but it recently started to be used for treating depression and it showed amazing results, like, it shows easily noticeable results just 2 hours after using it. Anyway, I am not sure if this medication is bad for women who are pregnant, that is why you should talk to the doctor first and ask him to tell you more about this medication and to tell you if it is bad for pregnant women as well.

Okay Deni, I read your post and I decided to do a little research about it myself if I am to talk to my doctor about it and you seem to be absolutely right about this. The internet says that it is a miracle cure for depression and that it has no side effects at all. However, I wonder if it has any bad side effects for women who are pregnant, I really hope that it doesn't because this would be such a great thing for my friend. I am going to talk to my doctor and hear what he has to say about it.

Depression can be dangerous, especially during the pregnancy if you ask me. But the good thing is that you can actually cure it. All that you need to do is to find yourself a good therapist. Depression can be very dangerous for the mother and the unborn baby, and generally depression in pregnancy is an illness that can be treated and managed; however, it is important to seek out help and support first. My friend had problems with this and she decided to visit those support groups, who are there to help pregnant women. And she told me that this support group she went to really helped her.

Look, whatever is the problem and whatever they told to her, tell her that she should not use any type of medications. I know that medications are usually recommended when it comes to this, but I don't think that they are safe, for the mother and the baby as well. Sure that medication can offer some help when lady is depressed and in the pregnancy, with the smallest risk to baby, but again, I repeat this should be considered carefully.

Group therapies seems like good option as well, so let her know that she should think about them.  

It is really sad when the most important and happiest period of your life turns to be stressed period ever. I agree that for the pregnant one, antidepressants should be the last option. Maybe they won't affect the baby, maybe they are safe, but I am totally against it because you can't know what can happen.

Sure, you can always tell her to try some natural cures, such as exercise, meditation or yoga. They are generally healthy and it is recommended for pregnant  woman to exercise on the daily basis. 

Be there with her, try to help her to get though this. 

Hello. When I was pregnant I was struggling with depression from the first month since I found out that I am pregnant. Trust me, I have tried to go through this hard period without antidepressants, but at one stage of my life and my pregnancy I started to freak out because of the condition that I am dealing with. Anyway, doctor didn't want to prescribe antidepressants to me, but when he noticed that I am not feeling that good, he decided to give me Ketamine. Of course, he was checking on me every single day during this therapy. And this huge depression disappeared in just two weeks I think. Now, I have this lovely boy and I am happier than ever. In my experience, antidepressants are cool but with constant monitoring from your doctor.

Good therapist and healthy food can do the job, trust me. 

When my sister was depressed in her pregnancy, I was every day with her, every minute because I was scared that something bad can happen to her, that she can do something because she is in really bad condition.

When I couldn't stand this anymore, I went to see the therapist even if she was refusing this.

He told me that we should try to force her to eat healthy, and she was not eating healthy at all. There are so many herbal medicines and he told me to find some that contain vitamin B and magnesium as well. 

It helped her a lot and she almost cured her depression without using any antidepressants.