Is it possible that people that suffer from narcissism have depression crisis? A friend of mine has been diagnosed with this condition, although I should say he is more of an acquaintance than a friend. Now that we know what the problem is, it explains his behavior a lot. So, what about that depression, is it something to worry about?

It is hard to talk about narcissism as the medical issue. But I suppose that if the narcissist cannot remove the obstacles in front of them (which they usually have to do to put themselves in the first place), they might subdue to some form of depression. I have to admit also that it is rare for a narcissist to have any friends, so there might be some other disorder going on here.

I believe that you should talk about this to the medical expert especially if you are so worried about. First of all, person who is diagnosed with narcissism usually doesn’t have friends and I know that you have written that you are only acquaintances but if you are only that how come you are so worried about it.

First of all try to talk to him about his disorder and see if it is possible to consult any member of his family to find out did they notice depression in his case. If they did than you should consider pointing this out to his doctor because he was probably misdiagnosed and that is something that will need new medications and new therapy approach.