Hello everyone

I have a small problem with extra pounds and because of them I have experienced some health issues such as constant fatigue and anemia. My doctor suggested me to try Maca powder because of its health properties. Apparently, this powder can help you to lose weight, boost energy and mood level and solve your anemia.  I have started to use it in some meals like milk shakes and smoothies. I think I feel better now.  

Yesterday, one friend of mine told me to pay attention because you can experience some side effects of using it. Are there really any side effects of using Maca powder?

Hello Lillian_50

I am sorry you experienced those health problems. I hope they are not so serious. I have read some very good things about Maca powder and its good effects to human body. I know some people who are using it because of its weight loss properties. They have never mentioned me that other health benefits that you mentioned. When it comes to side effects, like any other substance you mustn’t consume high dosage at first. After a while, when you get used to it you can take about 3 grams daily. Some reported side effects are heartburn, acnes, upset stomach and increased heart rate.

Hello both

I am using Maca powder for about 2 months. I didn’t experience any side effects even though some of my friends who are also using Maca complained a few times. I think that the essential thing about using this plant is its dosage. At first you should take only small doses of it (one teaspoon if you are taking powder). After a while you can increase daily doses. I think that you may experience some side effects only if you don’t respect this rule.

Possible side effects are: insomnia, mood swings and headaches. So Regina Phalange, use this plant in a proper way and it will help you a lot.