Hi, my name is Sarah and I am a mother of 2 children. After giving birth to both of them I have 30 extra pounds, and even before I was married I had 20ish extra, so now I have to lose around 50. And all of that on a 5ft2 frame .:/ Over the past 2 years I have tried MANY weight loss products and all I lost is my money, and I am starting to lose hope as well. Anyway, I heard about this Maca powder, and the mother of my son's friend convinced me that it really did help her to lose weight. But because of my previous failures, wasted money and time, I am kind of skeptical with this. I would really love to hear some other people's experiences - is it worth trying? I would appreciate your thoughts, thanks in advance!

Hey there,

I have almost the same measurements as you and I have decided to give it a try.

I am going tomorrow to buy a pack for me and my daughter, who has much less to lose than me. In my social surroundings there isn't anyone who has already tried it, but I did some research on the internet and read a lot about Maca powder and I am sure it can help!

Of course, I don't expect miracles, to lose that much over night (We didn't get that weight for a short time, so we can't lose it as quickly, right?), but I am quite sure Maca will help.

I think Maca powder can help your metabolism become faster. I read somewhere it's reducing cortisol, increasing stamina and it's full of different vitamins, which I love about it, as I don't feel very energized lately. I will probably buy it.

The only thing I wonder is how to consume it, I am thinking is it best to drink it with water, or with tea, or maybe even with a smoothie?

But I don't think it's that important, I will eventually figure out which way pleases me the best. So, hopefully, I will give some feedback in a few weeks time with some positive results of weight loss.

I am so glad people are talking about Maca powder. It literally changed my life, and I would recommend it to everyone! And not only to those who need to lose weight (which was my primary reason for using it), but to anyone who wants to make themselves feel better, be it physically or mentally! It assists the body in balancing hormones, and gives you more energy, less stress, better moods, enhanced libido etc. So to the lady who wondered if it would make her more energetic, I assure you - it will! I have even started to be in a better mood since I have been using it, and my headaches passed which troubled me for years. And the most important thing - I lost 10lb in a month without changing my diet, and I drink it with green tea. Maca powder is definitely my favorite product and you have my recommendation!

Maca can help with weight loss in 3 ways. 1. Maca is a known energizer - that's what people in the Andes have used it for for 1000s of years. So the fact that it tends to encourage activity is one reason for potential weight loss with this simple food. 2. Maca is low in calories and fat and also very high in nutrients. Eating it may fill a "nutrient lack" you have and decrease appetite. 3. Maca works to balance hormones. Any weight gain related to hormonal imbalance is positively affected while on Maca. I truly hope this helps. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

What was your daily dose while you were on Maca?

what color maca do you take?

what color maca do you take and how much? I was thinking of getting the sublingual liquid.