I heard that there are stages in Parkinson's disease. Please if you know anything about this issue write me. My wife was diagnosed with Parkinson's last winter, and that is why I need more information about this. Maybe if I learn enough about this, I will be able to help her more and to find proper therapy for her.

There are five different stages of Parkinson's disease. Stage I: one side of the body is affected. There is limb tremor and facial expression. Stage II: both sides of the body are affected, patient has minimal disability and good response on medications. Stage III: both sides of the body affected and impaired balance but person remains independent. Stage IV: disabling instability while standing and walking required substantial help. Stage V: person is restricted to a bed or chair and requires constant nursing.