I haven’t been given an opportunity to ask questions about my condition, alternative forms of treatment and risks of the procedures. I need to be informed about it. Is there anyone who can explain me mastoidectomy? I was out of luck with researching articles about this procedure.

Mastoidectomy is an operation to remove disease from the bone behind the ear. It is usually performed when medical management is inadequate but sometimes a mastoidectomy is required in order to gain better exposure to the middle ear and attic. Even though complications do not often occur, they include persistent ear drainage, infection in the mastoid cavity, and hearing loss which may be permanent.
Facial nerve injury is a rare but potential hazard, there may be dizziness for a short time after surgery, but it is rarely permanent, loss of taste on the side of the tongue usually lasts a few weeks but may be permanent.