What painmedications are the best in management of mild headache? I have started having permanent, but mild headache 5 days ago. It just doesn’t want to leave. I haven’t used any medications, because it hasn’t been that harmful. I don’t want to use painkillers with no reason, but I guess that 5-days-lasting headache is good enough reason. I think that it may be caused by chronic tiredness and sleeping disturbances.

Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are the first choice for everyone. You can take panadol, it is safe even if used prolonged. Ibuprofen is the next one if panadol (acetaminophen) doesn’t work. NSAIds are related to gastric ulcers, so stomach protective preparations can be added to therapy. Celebrex is the last resort, if these drugs fail. But you should check the reason of your prolonged headache, consult your doctor, or ask to have ct, if it keeps persisting.