Hi! Recently I had asbestos exposure. I find out that later. This happens on me work. How serious problem can cause asbestos exposure. I heard that asbestos exposure can cause lung cancer.

Hi! Asbestos fibers can cause serious health problems. If inhaled, these tiny fibers can cause normal functions of the lungs to be disturbed. Exposure increases the risk of developing lung cancer, mesothelioma, or asbestosis. The risk of lung cancer and mesothelioma increases with the number of fibers inhaled. The risk of lung cancer from inhaling asbestos fibers is also greater if you smoke. People who get asbestosis have usually been exposed to high levels of asbestos for a long time. Most people exposed to small amounts of asbestos, as we all are in our daily lives, do not develop these health problems. Intact and undisturbed asbestos-containing material does not pose a health risk. Asbestos becomes a problem when, due to damage, disturbance, or deterioration over time, the material releases asbestos fibers into the air.