Hello everyone,

I am new to these forums and I have a question I hope you can help me with. I have had a lot of bad reactions to cosmetics in the past and eventually found out that talc was causing the issues I had. I am now trying to avoid makeup that contains talc, whether it's in eye shadow, foundation, or anything else. 

A lot of people recommend Bare Minerals mineral makeup for sensitive skin, and it sounds promising, but I wanted to know if any of their products contain talc, or whether it is really talc free? 

Thanks for your help!

Melanie

I've heard that before, that talc is bad, but at the same time I've had people recommend I put baby powder in my shoes to prevent stinky feet and even to use it in intimate areas to prevent groin sweating... so I'm not sure what to think. I don't know nothing about Bare Minerals ingredients, but I am curious why talc is so bad for the skin. Is it that it clogs the pores, or is something else wrong with talc? Anyways, I'm sorry that you've had trouble finding makeup that's good for your skin and I hope someone else can answer your question. 

Bare Minerals Bare PRO foundations definitely has talc in it. If you want to know what ingredients are in a particular product, all you have to do is check the ingredients list. Some things might be listed in terms that you won't readily understand, in which case you can Google it and find out what it means, but talc is listed just like that.

I love that foundation myself, by the way, and I have never had any problems with talc. It's a naturally occurring mineral, which doesn't mean it is good for your skin all by itself, but it's not an artificial formula or anything like that.

Celebrity
Hey,

One thing about talc is that it's very absorbant. If you have oily and acne prone skin, that is a wonderful feature. If you have dry and sensitive skin? Not so much. You may find that what little moisture the external layers of your skin are storing will be gone completely, leaving your skin even more dry and irritated than it already was.

It is not that talc is bad, but it is not for everyone. A good BB cream is a better option for people with dry and sensitive skin. Tarte has a good BB cream, for instance.

Rosie

Now, that makes sense. Hence I mentioned people keep on recommending it for sweating, because talc is pretty good for that! It really absorbs the extra moisture and keeps you dry quite well! I guess if you have dry skin, that's the exact opposite what you want!

Talc or talcum powder is used in many different makeup products, not just powder foundation but also eyeshadow, loose powder, and blush, apparently. I can imagine it would be difficult if you had to make an effort to stay away from that...

If you are in need of talc free makeup, please refer to these brands:

• Kat Von D
  • Bare Escentuals
  • Honest Beauty
  • Juice Beauty
  • Origins
  • Pacifica

For those who were asking, some people avoid talc because talc in is natural form, especially as in seen in mineral makeup, can contain asbestos. Asbestos is well known to be a health hazard. Among other things, it can lead to cancer and respiratory disease. The fact that talc is connected to these things has been in the news quite bit lately, so I would imagine that more and more people will start avoiding talc in makeup. 

Talc has been linked to ovarian cancer. I believe this is the main reason that talc is not recommended any longer.

Bare Escentuals is Bare Minerals

And to mesothelioma.

unfortunately talc is bad. the extremely fine particles can cause the same lung problems as asbestos; imagine how many particles you're inhaling into your lungs when you puff talc all over your face! that's basically why products of decent quality no longer contain talc. hope this helps

TALC IS A CARCENOGIC AGENT...