For the past two to three months I've been having severe pain in my chest while breathing. It started in my right side chest wall (sternum to spine). Now it goes all the way around to sternum to sternum. Pain is at times sharp, dull, throbbing and persistent. the pain never goes away and increasing with breathing in and out, bending forward laying down on my back twisting and turning. I also have a slight cough, I'm fatigued, and I constantly have headaches and shortness of breath and often lightheaded. I just looked up mesothilioma and lung cancer symptoms and asbestos is a know cause. I just found out tonight that Pennsylvania is one of the states that have high exposure ratings. I was born in PA and my family had worked for the railroads..I have recently been to the ER and they ruled out any heart problems. Cancer also runs high in my family. what I'm asking is does this sound like i need to be tested for the Big C word cancer? I also shake constantly some days it noticeable some days its not very. I do know that it is impossible to diagnose online though I need to know if I should be worried.

Sorry for the double! I also wheeze mostly at night when i lay down and my voice has been getting deeper and raspy. I am a 31 year old female been smoking for 17 years. I did mention cancer runs in family though never said which cancers. Leukemia and breast and small cell lung cancer. both side of my family have deaths from these 3 types of cancer. the pain is always constant and never lets up even on anti inflammatory, muscle relaxers and prescription narcotics.