Hi. I'm devastated because my husband is recently diagnosed with some tumor called mesothelioma.
It is a tumor of some structure in abdomen. Now, he is on chemotherapy and doctors are hopping that therapy will work and that he will recover from it.
So, I was wondering does anybody know anything about this kind of tumor? I also want to find out is there any connection between this tumor and the fact that my husband is working in one ship building industry over than 30 years and that factory, as primary raw material, is using asbestos?
Thanks!

I have read your post and did some research on my own. Listen what I have found.
Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that attacks cells, called mesothelial cells, which are forming membrane lining in the chest and abdominal cavity.
I am very sorry to tell you but due to its uncommon nature, mesothelioma is typically difficult to diagnose and treat. Apparently, there is a connection between this tumor and asbestos because individuals with a history of extended asbestos exposure are at the highest risk for developing malignant mesothelioma.
Asbestos is a very dangerous substance and because it is made up of very small fibers, which can damage the cells pleura is made of.
I hope this helped you!

I am currently studying about mesothelioma and asbestos, I hope you could help me out.