A 20 year ago I had extensive exposure to asbestos. Now, I have mesethlioma. I heard that cause for this disease is extensive asbestos exposure. My family was also exposed. My condition is difficult, but I worry for them

It is hard for me to say you that every member of your family has risk factor for this kind of disease. It is now believed that the only cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos. There have however been a small number of cases of mesothelioma where the individual cannot demonstrate any known past exposure to asbestos material. The minimum period that must elapse between exposure and the development of this condition is 15 years but often it will take very much longer, sometimes as much as 40 years or more. Often extensive exposure to asbestos is required. Unfortunately, mesothelioma is a fatal condition which can develop rapidly along side symptoms of sweating, breathlessness and tiredness.

I am currently studying about asbestos & mesothelioma maybe you could help me out. Thanks.