Okay, so basically my entire life i've never had an issue like this, but maybe a month or a month and a half ago, I had an issue right before orgasm where my right testicle basically climbed up so high that it basically left the scrotum, and entered my groin region, it comes back down after orgasm, or if I just give it a little nudge back down.

I read something on this and everyone said it was pretty common for testicles to ascend this way, so I didn't think much of it, until I started to notice some different things going on in my testicles, mainly what I notice, is my testicles aren't hanging the way they used to, they almost constantly remain tight and hard, the way they get when i'm being sexual, also my left testicle seems to hang really high now, with no drop at all (they used to hang normally, and were relatively even, eventhough one was slightly lower than the other) However, when I lift up my penis and look down at them, they'll lower, and they seem to sortof move around now (though I think they did that before)

Now initially, I had thought it might be a hernia, because I started working out 4 months ago, and it just seemed really convenient...but from what I have read online, and from what pictures i've seen....there's usually a nice sized lump involved with hernias, that you can generally see with the naked eye....I have none of that?

I unfortunately won't be able to visit a doctor for another month, due to my current life situation, and i'm really paranoid, and would like some idea on what's going on until then? Can anyone help, or give some insight at all? Also my testicles occasionally, but not always will have a dull pain, as well as sometimes in my abdomen after a hard work out (another reason I thought hernia) but again, there's no bulge to speak of...Any help greatly appreciated.

I've recently noticed the same thing the BeckonCall described in his May 2007 post. It's an extremely uncomfortable feeling. Enough to cause me to stop the sexual activity which led to the ascension. It seems to be more likely to occur if I am in a prone position (on my back with my legs stretched flat) rather than when my legs are bent at the waist. The act of sitting up seems to help the testicle descend. Are there any exercises which would prevent this from happening?

hey guys i have had this issue for as long as i can remember. Be relieved to know that It is not that uncommon. My balls ascend during orgasm and if my partner is on top, it can get painful. That is not my favorite position. So I guess we have to chalk it up to, "hey, thats just how i am!"

This is not uncommon for high levels of excitment, or when your partner is on top.

You are paying more attention to your testicles now, and as a result, you're noticing a difference in height that may have always been there.

It sounds like you may be freaking out over a one time only experience that has now got you noticing every little difference.

It is good that you are conducting self-examinations, but you never once mention your age, or give us a clue as to your level of development.

In addition, you'll probably have seen a doctor by now, but you'll want an exam by a qualified doctor to determine if anything is wrong. But they won't know what was normal for you prior to this experience. You'll have to tell them to give them a baseline.

Good luck.

So my balls have normally been the same distance down, and I was active so I noticed them but like a month ago the right one ascended and will not come down, excited or not excited.......what do you guys think?

hello people i need advice on this one. my sex life is quite okey actuall its more than okey. but i have no balls??? will i be able to father children??? and i have never had cancer before.

OK, both of the above posters need to be seen by a doctor.
A testicle that stays up and will not decend requires an evaluation by a physician.

If you are a sexual active man who is trying to father a child, you need to be seen NOW. The increased heat of the body will tend to "cook" the sperm and make them sterile... that is, this becomes an issue for fertility questions... however it is NOT a safe birth control method... and you should NOT assume that you are not fertile.

This is the very reason why testicles can raise and lower in the scrotum, so they can regulate their temperature. You'll note when it is cold or you go swimming, they retract up to the body. When it's hot out, or you're in a hot tub, they drop as far as possible. This is nature's way of air conditioning them.

(As a side point, anyone who is trying to get pregnant will want to ban hot baths and hot tubs for their man for at least two or three months prior to conception. This also is one of those unrecognised problems with fertility that slips right past a lot of people. Many couples will schedule romantic visits to the local hot tub rental housel, or to a honeymoon cabin with hot tub adjoining, and still be frustrated when after multiple attempts with hot passion, they still don't get pregnant. They overlook the cooking effect of the hot tub they soak in just before intercourse! 8-| )

my 10 year old sons testicals go up in his stomach doctors wont do surgery cause hes too young hes in alot of pain and makes him sick what can i do to help him till he has surgory

I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas.  As a non-medical person, I would presume to second guess the doctor's opinion.

Perhaps you can see him again, and ask if there's any option to start the puberty process through injections.  I hesitate to recommend this, because it's cheating your son out of his valuable childhood years.

But it's the only thing that occurs to me.

PS: The testicles retract into the abdomen, not the stomach cavity.  Not that it makes much difference.  If he's in pain, he's in pain.  I assume it's from the testicle being squeezed into that small opening which should be closing off very soon.  Make absolutely certain that as he enters puberty that the testicle is OUTSIDE the body.  They should lower and be farther from the body naturally sometime in the next several years.

You might ask your husband or the child's father at what age his biological father went through puberty.

Perhaps another male moderator might be able to comment.  I'm afraid I'm not much help on this.

I have the same problem

Testicles retract into the pelvis

hi im a 36 year old man my testicles are always ascended you can just feel theends of them at the edge of scrotum .my urologist says they are not undecended but are always ascended i have zero sperm and testicles are very small and also have aching testicles all the time actually it is sore above testicles in cords i have never been able to do myself or have a doctor do a testicle exam asthey never drop enough to examine about 2 times in life have had scrotal ultrasounds for the pain that is sometimes very bad my urologist prescribes 800 miligram ibuprophin and says to live with the pain as this is the way that you were born i also have low t which i havebeen taking androgel for about ten years i had a ok sex life before androgel but now its better almost constant erections even after orgasm but never had a morning erection before androgel i cant believe that my problem was never found until i was 36 years old and had numerous atheletic physicals when younger i was also born premature and only weighed 4.5 pounds iwasnt circumcised until i was 10 years old because of being small at birth but my urologist says my penis is of normal size now 6 inches  but testicles are undeveloped i cant ever find any information about always 100 percent ascended testicles does anyone else have this problem.

My situation was the same. It is first stage of hernia when there is only wide inguinal channel but still there is no abdominal organ in it. You can do nothing if it is not significant pain or you can do surgical operation but in this case ask surgeon NOT to cut your Cremaster muscle because in this case testicle hang relay awfully and low.

I have the exact problem but dont know why it happens

I'm 13 and one of my testicle and a bit lower than the other why is this