My 91 yr old father in law, has a problem . when he has stood up too long, his right testicle ascends to his abdomen. He and my mother in law have been staying with us . His doctor is in Hawaii. Should I take him to emergency room?

Some men have testicles that can routinely rise up out of their scrotums and even retract inot the lower abdomen. One in every 8 men have a detached or missing gubernaculum, the organ that secures the testicle to the bottom of the scrotum. Its harmless and painless and most men and boys with highly mobile testicles are already used to having very mobile testicles their whole lives. Its usually extreme or prolonged cold or sexual excitement that makes their testicles rise to the very top or completely out of their scrotums with no ill affects. The testis just naturally descend back down to normal in the scrotum when warmed up or after the sexual excitement subsides. My testicles can climb to my navel area in prolonged cold with no problems and climb into shooting position during sex above the top of my scrotum at my groin with no problems at all. Some men can manually push their testicles way up by their navels for kicks and to show off. Most men and boys have gubernaculums that pull the embryonic testicles down into the scrotum before or after birth that also secure the testicles to the bottom of their scrotums for their whole lives and the entire scrotum rises and lowers with testicles attached at the bottom of the scrotum omstead of being untethered from the scrotum like mine are and your father in laws are. Didn't he notice his extra mobile testicles way before his age?