Hi, I need information on any Asian flush cure? I hate not being able to take alcochol and only being a problem for my friends who only want to have fun.

Alcohol flush reaction is characterized by inability of the body to break down ingested alcohol completely. The missing enzyme is aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH2). Flushing, or blushing, is seen with reddening of the face, neck, and shoulder, after consumption of alcohol. Since, it is a genetic disorder, there is no cure. However, some experiences suggest that consumption of heartburn medicine like Famotidine, used for peptic ulcer, can reduce the symptoms of Asian Flush. It needs to be taken an hour before drinking. Maybe famotidine has side effect of inhibiting alcohol dehydrogenase, slowing metabolism of alcohol to acetaldehyde and promoting function of ALDH2.

I am quarter Chinese and I also suffer from the "Asian Flush." I found that drinks containing yeast or sulphites causes the symtoms of skin redness, head pounding, nausea. I also found that drinking Gin and Tonic (ONLY!) dramatically reduces the redness to almost nothing. I did turn red after eating a lot of sweet stuff beforehand though. I have yet to try other "clear distilled spirits" but I am happy to drink, what is regarded as a womans drink, for the sake of a natural skin tone whilst socialising. I quite like the flavour which is a bonus.

For information; yeast in my diet was also causing a whole lot of problems on my health. After removing it from my diet completely, I feel on top of the world after four years of my life in despair(currently researching Candidiasis.) The yeast in my diet may have also been a contributary factor to the Asian flush in my case. I am not a scientist but this has worked for me. Try removing yeast from your diet for one week (not easy with a Western diet) then drink Gin.

I experienced a different kind of drunk, without the pounding heart beat, fatigue, or flush. It's almost like feeling sober with the knowledge that you are quite drunk, if that makes any sense.

I hope this information helps as drastically as it has done with me.

Hey, I am one half Japanese and experience the same thing.

Have you tried Pepcid AC? A lot of people have commented that it dramatically reduced the redness they experience after drinking.

I personally use the 'no red face formula' and it works just as it claims to.

Please see below for links to discussion regarding Pepcid AC:

I really hope this helps, I understand the discomfort and hope that you find what you are looking for.

Regards,

J

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

so i've been dealing with the quick and severe redness and blotchiness when drinking (even small amounts of beer) and it definitely started to have a negative effect on my social life. so i i just recently became aware of the term "asian flush" and i felt so relieved to know i wasnt alone. although i am only 1/4 japanese, i experience every bit of this damned curse, and i wanted to try the pepcid ac maximum strength to see how it would work. i took two an hour before i began drinking and one right before i left my room to go out for the night and it worked PERFECTLY. i DEFINITELY RECOMMEND PEPCID AC. what a lifesaver! :-D

The problem for most people is a lack of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, which breaks down acetylaldehyde, which is a toxic chemical. If it accumulates (as in 'Asian Flush') the effects are vasodilation, increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, headaches and nausea resulting in the pounding head and redness you may experience.
A H1/H2 Receptor Histamine Antagonist should work. These are drugs with loratidine, ranitidine & famitodine to name a few. They work be reducing the action of alcohol dehydrogenase therefore reducing the amount of alcohol broken down. This has 2 effects: you will get drunk quicker and heavier from the same amount you would drink normally and it will reduce the redness and headache. I can happily drink ( a lot sometimes) and have no bad reactions. I find a loratadine and a ranitidine about 1/2hr to and hour before i start drinking work perfectly. And i use sainsburys own for both so don't bother with branded items. Please remember though to go careful and drink in moderation on your first time trying it out.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned antacids yet. Most people on the net are preaching anticids or that No Red Face Formula thing the half japanese guy was talking about. There's an article from Ezine here about antacids...I hope I can post links, I saw some people got their links removed so if you guys don't see the link, OH WELL!

I've been using AF Formula (by Goldwin Health) for the last month and a half and it has completely stopped my blushing and blotching. I tried all the diet changes suggested by other people and they didn't work for me, plus it was too complicated.

For over a decade, I tried almost every purported "cures" including antacids. I cannot tolerate alcohol in any form or amount. Within minutes, my whole body turns beet red and extremely itchy. I can literally feel my heart and head pounding. Then eventually the room starts spinning and I am vomiting incessantly until I pass out. Imagine this from a sip of light beer! The only thing that has consistently and effectively worked for me was smoking marijuana before drinking. I might still get slightly reddish in the face, but at least I'm not vomiting and passing out. 

You don't need alcohol to have fun! Alcohol makes smart people stupid and stupid people dangerous.

How long did it take until you started seeing your results? I've been taking it about 2 weeks but it hasn't taken much effect yet

We are so glad to hear AF Formula is working for you and appreciate you spreading the word! If anyone has questions please reply. We are receiving incredible feedback from our customers are opening a new shipping center in London this week to better serve our customers located in the EU.

Naturally you can just try using one of the popular Asian Flush Ninja tricks, they are guaranteed to work!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use