I am a 23 year old female and I have been drinking fairly regularly since I was about 19/20. In the past year or so I have started drinking a moderate/heavy amount; however, in the past week or so after only 1 drink I turn bright red and blotchy on my face/neck/shoulders/chest, I feel very warm, my breathing is a little disrupted and I think my pulse picks up. This happened with wine and hard alcohol (after only 1 drink) and needless to say, after the one drink I stopped and drank a ton of water. About a half hour after I stop drinking and drink about a liter of water I am back to normal. I have not drank for about a week now; however, I am not sure if I need to go on a detox of some kind, stop drinking altogether or detox then only drink very moderately. 

Anyone else have anything similar?
I've seen other posts similar, but none with women my age that have developed something so quickly. I'd go to the allergist (or well, I will in the fall), but I am abroad and I would have to pay a large sum upfront without knowing if i'd get the money back.

You are the first person besides myself that I have heard having this problem. The exact same thing happens to me and I was told that it is indeed an allergic reaction to the alcohol or it's ingredients. My face gets hot and I get red blotches over my chest and face..As far as it being just the alcohol, I am not too sure, because I do on occasion get the same reaction when consuming other things. As for detox.....if you went a week and were ok, then probably not..but you may benefit from some alcohol treatment, maybe like an IOP(intensive outpatient program) or AA/NA. To be on the safe side you really should bring this up with your doctor and get their opinion. Either way, I wish you well!!!

I have this same problem. I am actually a 21 year old male. It does not come with my first drink but much later (Or maybe I am so stubborn that I only notice it later in the night). It actually gets so bad as to cut off my air ways. For other people sake, I do not believe this to be Asian Flush as I am a white male polish Caucasian. I do not have an answer, I only wanted to share my testament.