IAM 24 YRS OLD, EVER SINCE I BEEN DRINKING ALCOHOL MY BACK HURTS, IT LIKE ENHANCES THE PAIN I ALREADY HAVE, AND IT JUST MAKES IT ACHE CONSTANTLY WHEN I DRINK, ITS USUALLY THE UPPER BACK WHERE IT DOES THIS, I HAVE HAD BACK PROBLEMS SINCE I WAS YOUNG AND SCOLIOSIS AND MUSCLE TENSION, IT HURTS EVERY DAY BUT WHEN I DRINK I REALLY FEEL IT, IT ALMOST MAKES ME NOT EVEN WANT TO DRINK SOMETIMES, I ONLY DRINK LIKE 1 OR MAYBE 2 TIMES A MONTH MAYBE MORE OR LESS ALL DEPENDS ON WHATS GOING ON, BUT I WOULD JUST LIKE SOME IDEA Y THIS HAPPENS TO ME, WHEN I SAY THAT ALCOHOL DOES THAT 2 ME PEOPLE LOOK AT ME LIKE IM CRAZY.

I have the same problem and nobody has ever been able to understand it. i hope somebody can reply with an answer

I also have the same problem.. I have never been that much of a drinker and only drink a few times a year socially. I always get the same pain in my back and its lasts for about a day or so after I drink.

I'm 32 and have been drinking alcohol regularly since I was 15. My drinking has fluctuated over the years but has hit some real highs. I now drink a few glasses of wine 5 nights a week on average and have the occasional bender after which I suffer with back pain. The pain is generally on the right middle and side of my back and sometimes the left and even lower back. It doesn't hurt if I sit still in a comfortable position. Does anyone else get this or have any idea of the cause?

Guest wrote:

I also suffer with the same. When i recently visited the doctor, he was concerned due to a lump there. (Lower side of back.) he carried out a reletivley straightforward procudure, and removed the problem. This was caused by a spatchcocked chicken, spread out inside my right thorax.

Me too does it have anything to do with liver or kidney damage

It only started happening after years of binge drinking... I can easily enjoy a 12 pack during the evening which isn't a good thing. I have the pain in the back, chest and lower back. As long as I don't drink it goes away but it scares me very much so I am afraid to drink.

Luckily there is pot to smoke and that is a better and more positive buzz. Unfortunately it is illegal in the US but most people don't think it should be illegal and don't really care if you smoke it.

Try pot and get rid of the alcohol. It might save your liver and kidneys and also keep you from losing your friends when you have the drunk rage!!!!

i would suggest you get a liver and kidney function test. Yes you can most definately get a sore back and chest pain after drinking alcohol on a long term basis

Guest wrote:

ME TOO...37yo here. I have been a heavy drinker, for the most part, since I was 16. After 21 yo I drank more than not and have continued this trend. Since I was about 31 or 32 I have had a dull ache in my back, down both side of my spine to my butt. It is much worse when I drink. cramps so bad I can't sleep. But, the, so called, experts say it can't be from the drinking. I have been researching this for a while now and I think that it has to be connected. But, what I think might be happening is, along with a poor diet, the drinking has created a mineral deficiency, particularly Magneseium Mg. It can be a cause of cramps and aches. Also, living in a acidic state ( low body PH) can cause all sorts of problems. I decided t say f**k it for awhile and jump on, and off, the wagon and get my body from an acidic state to a more alkaline state. Only been a month, but the back pain is going away and I feel a lot better. Could just be the wagon part, but I think it alls goes together. Also, have been eating kidney cleansing foods.....Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

I have also had severe back pain with upper arm pain after drinking alcohol. I was attributing it to having a hypoglycemic attack. The pain would be intense and I also get short of breath. It lasts from 1/2 to 1 hour then completely resolves. I have been looking up pain after alcohol ingestion on the net and it is suggestive of Hodgkin's Disease. It is one of the rare but diagnostic aids in diagnosing this disease. I am just starting to investigate this and we are starting with blood work. I hope this is not true. :-(

PEOPLE............

Alochol has worsened my bak pain too.....as some one has pointed out..its duw to kidney damage i guess

I stopped drinking for 4 days and i am much much healthier

SAY NO TO ALCOHOL

I am going to experiment for longer if my back pain completely gets relieved

When I saw these many posts on this thread, so many people complaining about alochol, i am totally convinced.

RED WINE+FRUIT JUICE.....Once a week and That is IT!!!!!!!!!!!

love you all.

KRISHNA

Sometimes my shoulders ache while I'm drinking alcohol also. Not sure what this is from but it only seems to happen when I drink mixed drinks that have a lot of sugar in them. I usually drink Jaeger and energy drinks or beer and don't have any problems with it... Any ideas?

I have experienced the same problem...I thought it was just me until reading this bulliten. I am 22 and have had back pain due to bike accidents and the like in the past, though I have found that my pain seems to come back after a big night on the bottle...

I have a tendancy to binge drink and go on a bender probably once every weekend then more frequently on holidays and long weekends etc. The pain is unusually in that it doesn't always feel like muscle pain and it sometimes comes and goes...I'm concerned about my liver and kidneys but I know heaps of people my age who drink more often as well as do various kinds of drugs so it seems unusual that they never complain..

The comment about vitamins and health was interesting though as although I'm quite lean, I'm probably not the fittest or healthiest guy around.

Ah well..I just hope my organs don't decide to shut down any time soon because I'm not sure I can stop partying or even drinking..

I am 25 years old and I have a burning, pain sensation in my lower back every time I drink and for about a day afterwards. I also have scholiosis. I wonder if they're connected?

I had the exact same problem. I had a sore lower back and drinking even the least bit of alcohol would cause severe pain shortly after and would last for about an hour. I went to several doctors who prescribed big advil but nothing helped, so I stopped drinking and dealt with the dull pain that was always there. Then I got a cough, lost 30 pounds and was treated for hodgkins disease. 6 months of chemotherapy and no more back pain!