Few months ago I had my first alcoholic drink. It was nothing sensational. I expected to feel “something” but I only felt heat and my heart suddenly started to beat faster. Several days after that I went for a drink with my friends and same thing happened to me. Then I visited my doctor. He said I’m plugged with the “Asian flush”. He advised me not to drink any more. I decided to find out more about Asian flush. Is there a way to drink and still stay “cool” in this situation?

I’m also plugged with “Asian flush” or so called “Red face”. I did my own research and now I drink without becoming so flushed. My suggestion to you is to increase sugar intake while you drinking. Nevertheless, I’m using fructose instead of sugar, but sugar also can help. When I found out I’m plugged with “Asian flush”, at first place, I tried to use aspirin to prevent flushing. That idea turned out very bad. Just to make things clear: don’t ever take medications while (or before) you drinking. You should also try to eat something starchy while you drinking.

Ahh.. i read about this a few weeks back. my girlfriend often gets the flushing in the face and she happens to be more oriental asian. i'm eurasian but half south east asian, so i believe that is why i dont suffer from this.

the study i read stated that sino-nipponese asians often flush red in the face. i've forgotten why exactly but korean, japanese and chinese people are the most susceptible to it.

Hey,

This is a fairly common issue amongst those of oriental decent. It's actually due do an overactive protein (enzyme) in your body. It's a genetically mutated enzyme in Asians. It causes orientals to succumb to the more toxic effects of alcohol such as; confusion, lack of co-ordination, lack of inhibition, and flushing.

There is actually nothing you can do about this except possibly maintain a cold environment and maybe ice the area.

I am 31 years old and have been teaching English in Korea for the past year. I have drank at a moderate amount for quite a few years and suddenly a few months ago I began getting very red (almost rash-like) on much of my body after consuming soju. My Korean friends wave it off as nothing but from time to time it happens again. My first though is that perhaps it is a side-effect of either the particular alcohol consumed, or also withe combination of the diet I have grown accustomed to.

I guess these must be old posts, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this No Red Face Formula. It's all over the net. They're very secretive about how it works but apparently it's guaranteed. They say there's no pills or shots and and just by reading their e-book you can cure it. I don't know about that, but if it's guaranteed i guess you can't beat that right? Here's one of the many sites talking about it
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hey,

I had exactly the same problem for the last 2 years and same 'diagnosis' from my doctor... Since november I take supplement called NoGlo and it takes great effect, I feel myself much better while drinking and the next day morning (hangover if much less).

I recommend you visiting a doctor once again and having a consultation on anti Asian glow pills, before taking some supplements, like Noglo.