Hello. My uncle has been diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. I know that this is an inflammatory disease of the liver. Antibodies are also involved in the appearance of this disease. These are auto-antibodies. It means that they attack the cells of the organism. I know that steroids are usual treatment here, but I would like to find out something about alternative treatment here. I would appreciate all your replies.

Hi. Treating this kind of liver disease is a battle. Conventional treatments can have many side effects. That is why people turn to alternative treatments. However, one should be careful. Alternative methods can also have some side effects. There is also a new approach called glycobiology. I don’t recommend your uncle to go for this option on his own. He should take it after consulting an expert. Good luck!