My son was recently diagnosed with hepatitis C. He is only 15. We went to the doctor’s, he did tests and the therapy is determined. I was just wondering if there are alternative treatments for hepatitis. I know it cannot cure my son but I believe in homeopathy and we would like to give it a try. Is there anyone who can tell me his or her experiences with treating hepatitis with alternative methods?

I was diagnosed with hepatitis C about three years ago. I was very young at that time, too. Although I was appalled I never started losing fate or courage. My symptoms deteriorated over the first year, I vomited at least once a day and had enormously strong pains all over my body. My menstrual cycle was very painful and I also suffered from numerous side effect caused by my cocktail of medicaments. Then I decided to try it in another way, and I was born again. Of course, the pills must remain the vital part of the therapy (I’m not of those who totally resent medicine and doctors and never obey their instructions). I started seeing my mother’s chiropractic and he did marvelous job with my painful joints and muscles. Unfortunately, I’m afraid of needles, but if your son is brave enough, he could also try with acupuncture - one of my friends (with another type of liver problem) was very satisfied with it. As for herbs, I find artichoke juice very tasty and refreshing (the active ingredient is cynarin and it is known for regulating the amount of bile in your organism). I also enjoy tea made of dandelion leaves (you use about one litre of water and about 20 tablespoons of leaves and root - be sure to wash all your herbs carefully before using them), I take it six times a day and I think it’s been very helpful in reducing the symptoms of my disease. So I have just positive things to say about alternative methods in treating hepatitis and I would recommend your son to try it out.