Wanting to get off Oxycontin 20mg daily dosage x2 or 3
Didn't do the Suboxone last year and my expiration date is June 2009..can I still take the Sub, will split 8mg. until withdrawal is over from Oxy. Are there side affects from expired Suboxone 8mg? thank you.

Hi suzan, I think that it would be in your best interest to get non expired medication. The only reason why I wouldn't even take the expired stuff is that you can't guarantee that it even will work. You might as well be taking water or sugar pills because that's about how effective it would be. I think it would be in your best interest to actually go get more suboxone before you start trying to taper off. Maybe they will replace the pills for free, I'm not sure, but it would be in your best interest. Keep us posted on how your recovery goes, okay?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use  if a pill bottle ay it expired yesterday (AKA meaning it was safe to take alllllllllll the way up to then, do you REALLY think that if you wait that extra 5 minutes for the clock to go past 12, or even that extra day, hell week, or even month that its really going to effect the pharmacology of the chemicals inside those pills??? lol take our sugar pills. o and original poster yes the subs are safe trust me it does not matter how old they are they literally cant even be a full ten years old because suboxone has only been manufacture for about 9 years and change, if its the film then its only like 1 ald a half to 2 years old. and ie been on subs for 3 years and taken thyem for longer than that they dont go bad and they are perfectly safe to take, the rough calculation is that for every year past the exp date that the pills go, they lose roughly 1/100th of their strength if stored in reg. conditions. the only med (pills atleast) that this does not apply to are antibiotics

I'm using soboxone from 2008 and it will be 2014 in a couple days. They work, but they taste yucky..

5 YEARS EXPIRED AND THEY STILL WORK ?????

Oldest Suboxone Film Ive ever taken was expired by almost 4 years, and it worked fine

....but as someone also posted, they taste much worse than the even usually do, ad dissolve very quickly, but they still did the trick....the dat said 2012, which means it was prescribed in 2011, and this was 2015 when I took it and im all subbed up rite now as im typing this

I'm glad u said that because I'm getting ready to take some from 2005maybe? Idk they're crazy old.

mine are from 2007 and its now 2015, does anyone think they will work?

Just found some cleaning out my closet. They expired 2 years ago which makes them 3years old. there sealed in pakages so im gonna give them a shot/

thank you very much. Mine our only 4 months past expiratuion date.

What if pills are not sealed in original pakages but they are in in pill pottle? Will they be ok to take? O and they are from 2013 so they are 3 years old. Just found them when i was cleaning my closet.

I went through a batch from 2007 in 2014, they worked fine, didnt taste weird at all.
But recently started back up on the same batch & they seemed a bit weaker, Normally a half would do me, but now 3/4 to a whole are working just fine.

I've been off the gear (Heroin) for about 6 years and during those years I saved up a f**k load of suboxone films.... just recently, however, my fiancee left me (yeah, real heart sob story going on here) and wham bam I back to using 1.7 daily... It was great for the first few days, but now a month and about $10k later, I really got to straighten up.... I have been sh**ting myself about trying the suboxone again, incase I get those mega withdrawals.,.. Are you guys SURE it'll work?

Yeah dude they work, the sealed films taste a little more gross but they def still do the trick, I ate some from 2014 and here it is 2016, and I feel like a rockstar ...good luck, and stay clear of the "gear"...fiances come and go, but you only get one life ;) hope this helps my dude -Ro